- This event has passed.
Unblock Writer’s Block!
April 17, 2021 @ 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm$39.99 – $49.99
A 3D Interactive Virtual Workshop
Just START writing. For many of us, and our students, just coming up with that main idea, aka thesis sentence, whether it be for a work report or an essay, IS difficult. This workshop frees writers from the ‘writer’s block’ experience by:
- Identifying the obstacles: neuro-linguistic, emotional, and cognitive.
- Providing participants with techniques and exercises that work to free up thinking and writing.
- Proving to participants, via exercises, that there are neuro-linguistic skills they can tap to create theses sentences easily and fluently.
- Having participants complete workshop exercises for their use or for use with their students.
- Using Google Classroom and its functions to teach/complete exercises. Google Classroom is the platform that many classroom teachers and students currently use. (Student GC tutorials with screenshots are provided.)
Included in your purchase are:
- The Unblocking the Writer’s Block Power Point.
- The Instructional Module for Creating Thesis Sentences: Using the ‘I think:’ a $14.99 value. Find out more HERE.
- The currently downloadable video, Creating Thesis Sentences: Using the ‘I Think,’ which can be used during students’ asynchronous instructional time: a $24.99 value. Find out more HERE.
Certificate of Completion: Participants who attend and complete the workshop as well as the questionnaire quiz provided at the end will receive a certificate of completion, signed by the instructor, a credentialed teacher and ASHA certified Speech Language Pathologist. The certificate notes instructional objectives as well as date and hours of attendance.
Workshop Cost: $49.99 Early Registration (up to 4/1/2021): $39.99
Sequence of events:
- Receipt emailed: Within 24 hours of payment, an email receipt is sent and includes a Google Classroom code and zoom link.
- Create your gmail account if you do not already have one (See below) and email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org before 4/11/2021
- Day of Event: log on to Zoom and our Google Classroom.
Attachments found in the Zoom chat room include:
A Power Point and Creating Theses Sentences: Using the ‘I think’ form, Google Classroom code.Attachments found in the Google Classroom include:
Creating Theses Sentences: Using the ‘I think’
- By 4/19/2021 – After the Event:
- For a Certificate of Completion: You will receive a questionnaire to email to us at email@example.com by 4/22/2021 After we receive the completed questionnaire, you will receive a Certificate of Completion within 48 hours.
- A video link and instructional module
Google Classroom requires that all users have a gmail account. Click HERE for our Google Classroom tutorial: It will help you set up and navigate Google Classroom during our virtual workshop & classroom activities.
It is POSSIBLE to attend using just Zoom, but you will need to complete extra steps to do so.
Dr. Davis-Perkins has presented on: the neuro-linguistic skills of written expression; building the confidence of struggling writers; efficient writing convention assessment and remediation; emotions as a vocabulary generator. She has presented at: the California Association for Bilingual Education (CABE); the Tutor Group Radio Show; California Speech Language Hearing Association (CSHA); the Tri-Counties Branch of the International Dyslexia Association; among others.
Her professional experiences include: speech-language pathologist, medical, school based, and private practice; co-creator of the Kaiser Permanente Cognitive Computer Lab (Fontana); primary author of the Talk/Write (Talk to Write) Manual and program; co-investigator for a small ‘n’ study assessing outcomes of TW methods in Barstow, California; high school English teacher. Convener, Claremont Graduate University’s English Language Learning Research and Reading Group.